Director of Finance and Administration
Individual reports to the Executive Director of the Atlas Performing Arts Center and is a member of the Senior Management Team.
Organizational Summary: Atlas Performing Arts Center is a nonprofit multi-venue performing arts facility in the bustling H Street corridor. The Atlas’s mission is to bring people together through the arts to share and celebrate a range of artistic expressions and traditions. With multiple venues with a variety of uses, the Atlas holds over 400 events each year.
Job Summary/Essential Duties:
The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for business operations for the Atlas Performing Arts Center. The Director of Finance and Administrator is the accountant for the organization and manages relationships with banks, lawyers, IT provider, insurance providers, and landlords. The Director of Finance and Administration also manages the payroll and human resources function.
- Maintain the general ledger, posting weekly AP, AR and bi-weekly payroll transactions.
- Manage organizational cash flow.
- Maintain the organization’s insurance, conduct annual coverage review and ensure renewal and bid for coverage when necessary.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Supervise external IT provider, coordinate services to keep costs reasonable.
- Manage annual budget process, generate and review monthly budget to actual reports and monthly sales reports.
- Assist Financial Management Consultant with monthly close and annual preparation for external audit.
- Maintain and assist in developing Accounting Policies and Procedures and Human Resources systems.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors.
Qualified applicants will have at least 5 years of professional experience with at least three years working in general accounting with business management experience. Experience in a nonprofit arts organization is preferred. The Director of Finance and Administration will have the ability to synthesize a complex organization into its key elements and have an excellent ability to prioritize. The Director of Finance and Administration will also have strong communication skills.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent people skills with experience in collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a general ledger and maintaining business relationships.
- Experience should include exposure to insurance, legal, audit, budgeting issues.
- Ability to interpret and understand technological requirements and manage IT service providers.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Health and Dental Insurance, Paid Leave
Please forward cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references to email@example.com
The Atlas accepts internship applications (cover letter and resume) year-round. We have specific placements for one intern each “semester” in the fall, winter and summer. The intern assists the Atlas with its external affairs including marketing, development and community engagement.
All resumes received for specific positions or the internship will be kept on file for one year. All information received for general consideration will be maintained for six months. If an interview is considered appropriate, an Atlas staff member will contact you. Due to the volume of mail received, we are unable to respond to telephone inquiries regarding application status.
The Atlas is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse working environment.
If you’re interested in an employment opportunity or internship, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Atlas Performing Arts Center
1333 H Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002